Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shelby Mustnag Shower Curtain

CQ WPX SSB 2011 (Preliminary)

It comes in little more than a couple of weeks the CQ WPX SSB 2011, one of the big tournaments of the season. My intention is to specialize in skills mostly CW mode SO / SB or SO / AB while take advantage of SSB to perform from team efforts in categories M / S or M / M . An initiative in this direction to form a team under LU4HH Radio Club Cordoba has been so far arrested a number of internal issues of the club who do not advisable to address an initiative that will require resources and focus, either conditions too available at this time. On the other hand we started to talk doing so from the station LQ5H ( Victor, LU3HS ) together with the and Alejandro (LW7HT) , but we have not finalized anything, I think we can do until next week I'll be back in LU / H.
If these possibilities are not realized I will consider participating in 10Mts SO SB (A) LP , I would like to participate in Mts SO SB 10 (A) QRP but not a category that is listed in rules (although the rules as I learned in CQ WW does not stand out as clear and updated.) While not enough to prioritize the participation in this mode (vs. M / S or M / M) I have some interest in trying out all the changes that brought them into the station (N1MM, SO2R, SR1011 Ant, Ant 4BTV if I arrive on time, etc) before the next CW contest that just happen in two months in May .
The CONDX have been very good in 10 Mts lately as the forums and seem to reflect the times I've looked at lately cluster (several weeks ago that I'm not at my station).
Using VOACAP to outline a plan which (see figure) shows that there is something more than 13 hours per day of good conditions to Europe, USA and Japan (solar state data today) the first day and in the order 10 hours the second because as I watched the JA stations do not count in the 2nd day due to the time difference puts them at the beginning of his business Monday.
be opened marginally conditions for Europe, Africa and the Near East around 1200Z (9am Argentina), more solidly around 1600Z (1pm Argentina) and there remain more or less stable turning as the hours progress U.S. to USA and from there to the JA to aproximadaemente 0400Z (1:00 a.m. Argentina) the next day and made except that the 2nd day is shorter.
This gives approximately 23 hours of competition net in this mode so that taking into account the rate obtained in CQ WW SSB 2010 of 20 QSO / hour more a challenge than 20% improvement would QSO with 60 552 prefixes ( 552M60 is the goal then.) I'm actually putting me improvement goals between QRP and LP shares, either, and the reason is I do not believe that the limitation on the rates of contacts is still in power but in my operational ability. At some point I will reach the point where the power starts to be the rate-limiting real and has to be taken into account to draw the participation strategy and objectives, but still missing.
The configuration of equipment used will be the Kenwood TS140 as rig1 (Run) and the Yaesu FT100D as rig2 (S & P), I have curiosity to see how it is to operate SO2R on phone after making a first (albeit partial) experience as well as CW will be the entire conversion system based on N1MM SO2R.

0 comments:

Post a Comment